February 19, 2008

routines

we have established some daily routines now that cole is older. night time is one of my favorite times with cole. he takes his evening nap between 6pm - 7pm. after his nap cole nurses and then we play for a little while with his jumperoo and kickin' gym. next we go into the kitchen to listen to music and cole eats his cereal. cole and i then go upstairs to play on his play mat and then he's ready to nurse again. i then put cole in his pjs which he loves. he always laughs and smiles when its time to get undressed and into his pjs. i don't know why but he loves this time! cole and i then sit in the glider and rock while we read several stories. then we discuss what will happen the next day and give goodnight kisses. i then lay him in his crib and turn the lights out. cole now will talk to himself for several minutes before he falls asleep on his own. YES, i said ON HIS OWN!! he has also slept 10 hours straight the past 3 nights! the sleep training we have done with him has worked out great for him and me! this is before bedtime...

2 comments:

sara said...

Yay! Sleeping through the night is awesome!!! Some day I think my kids might try it, or at least I hope they will. I'm glad things are better with the sleeping and I'm sure you are too. Kids need routines I don't care if that goes against the hippie way of life it's so true. Love you all!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.