September 21, 2007

38 week appointment

today was my 38 week appointment. i left frustrated! i have had a headache for over a week now, but my blood pressure is good so they aren't sure whats causing it. my sugars have been excellent the past two weeks but i somehow managed to gain 4 lbs in a week. how does that happen? when my sugars were bad i wasn't gaining. in fact between week 24 - 37 i had gained maybe 3 lbs. the non-stress test went well. bean's heart rate is great and he's as active as always. the doctor checked me for progress, but i have none. my body is not getting ready yet. its frustrates me because i have become so uncomfortable the past two weeks. plus they keep telling he's so big. the doctor is sending me for another ultrasound next week to check his size because he says in his opinion bean is already 8 lbs. so as much as i was looking foward to todays appointment, nothing came of it!

2 comments:

sara said...

I meant to call you and got busy with the kids, I suck I'm sorry. This isn't going to be a comfort to you, but I had the worst migraines of my life the last month I was pregnant with Sammy. The kept telling me not to worry about it that it was hormones getting ready for labor, then when I was over due not to worry about it that it was just because my body was working so hard to take care of the baby etc.. The truth is that they didn't know but wouldn't say that. I know it is so hard to do but try to relax and not let your body worry you. My friend Glenis she delivered her baby in a jeep on the way back from an ob visit right after being told she wasn't progressing at all, it can happen that quickly. I love you, Brad and Bean and I know it will all work out as it needs to!

Unknown said...

omg! 8 lbs! hehe awww!!!
i know the preggo here at work is soo ready for the baby to come out!