September 28, 2007

39 week update

i am officially 39 weeks along now. yesterday we went for an ultrasound to check bean's size. he measured in the above 90th % of babies, at 9.5 lbs! the ultrasound tech assured us that it could be off up to 1lb though.
today we met with the doctor for our weekly appointment. i still have no progress. my body just wants to keep him inside apparently. the doctor was very concerned with bean's size. we discussed the options and decided the safest option with the least chance for problems is a c-section. with his size and my gestational diabetes there are too many concerns with inducing labor.
so i am scheduled to have bean on wednesday october 3. i guess i will be having an october baby afterall! i really wish we could have had it done sooner though. i have 5 days to wait, which im worried will just allow me to build more anxiety about the c-section.
i can not wait to meet our little boy though. we are all ready here at the house and are both just excited about him finally coming!

6 comments:

Tavia said...

Congrats! It should put your mind at ease just having a real date to look forward to. And just think, no labor pains!! Cant wait to see pics of your bundle of joy. We were worried about Liam's size too b/c he was 4 days late and he weighed 8 lb 10 oz. Big babies rule!!

AndreAnna said...

Yay for bean coming!!! I'm so excited for you!

jenniferallard said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics of the baby. You'll be a great mom:)

Shannon said...

Hey Girl!
I am so excited for you!! Take care on Wed. I'll be thinking about you.
Shannon

Amy said...

BRIE I'M SO EXCITED I WISH I COULD BE HOME TO SEE HIM!!! and mom told me loki's def. gone which makes me happy as well!! i love all of you and can't wait to see a pic of bean!!

Unknown said...

awww sweetie, it will be ok! i cant wait to meet him!!! love you lots!!