September 06, 2007

braxton hicks

yesterday i started to have some pretty uncomfortable cramping combined with sharp shooting pains. i called the doctor after awhile and they had me come in. they warned me the doctor was already behind so there would be a long wait. brad decided to stay home because it was time for him to go to bed. plus the hospital (which is where the doctor is) is only two blocks away so if it was something serious i could just call him. no biggie.
so i go and they monitor me and examine me. they decided it was just bad braxton hicks contractions. they told me everything looked good and sounded great, but if i got more than 6 in a hour to go to the emergency room. they sent me home with the advice they always love to give me, "put your feet up, rest more, and drink lots".
i came home and got myself comfy on the couch with a movie. about a hour later i hear brad running around above me. i heard him running back and forth between the attic, office, and bedroom. i assumed he forgot to do something on the computer and had to turn on the electric (which was off in certian rooms since he had been working on it before bed). finally his footsteps calm down and then my cell phone rings.
i answer the phone and its him. he's freaking out asking if im ok and apologizing that since the electric was off, so was the phone. i tell him to come downstairs. he charges down the stairs and can't believe i am home. he had a dream the baby was coming and he was going to miss it. it woke him up and he was running all over trying to get the phone on (we have digital phone) because he was afraid i had called but couldnt get through to him.
i told him all he should have done was yelled my name to see if i was home or even look out the window to see if the yukon was back. the good thing from all of this is he swears the phone will not be turned off anymore and he even found his cell phone and put it on to charge after not having it for 3 months!
if this is any clue of how the day i go into labor will be, i think i will have to be the one to remain calm. after 4 years of military training he still can not handle stressful or emergency situations.
but he's my hubby and it's just one of the reasons i have to love him!

3 comments:

Sonjanique said...

Hey Guys,
That is too cute. Brad is going to be a terrific father. Tell him to calm down because there will be plenty of opportunites for excitement, like first cry, smile, poop, etc. I love you guys. Keep me posted and hold that baby in till Oct.5th. LOL

Unknown said...

hahaha awwww poor Brad! thats soo funny, yes you will be the one having the baby and he will be, well, Goofy!

Amy said...

omg that is one of the funniest things i've read in a while b/c i can picture it perfectly in my head... i love you both and hope bean comes soon!!